Ford Maverick Forum banner

XL Model - Bed Tie Down Locking Rails

11K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  catinthebathtub 
#1 ·
Question - doing my build for the new truck and when I select the XL Model - There isn't an option selection to add the Bed Tie Down Locking Rails with 2 Locking Brackets.

Anyone know why? I found this very odd, since the XL model would be more on the work truck side and "you would think" the truck would be more useful with the most tie down locations as possible.

#10 ·
There is a DIY video of adjustable bed rail lock downs on the Ford Website. If you are spraying in your bed liner buy a rattle can in black and spray paint them to match The look will fit in well with XL trims. Save your money or Ford pass points for other items.

Sorry my frugal nature kicks in at weird times. One of the reason Ill be buying an XL and going DIY route.

#11 ·
Hey! I know it’s been a month since this was posted, but didn’t see any super definitive answer. I just saw this short on Youtube of a video of a Maverick XL

There does appear to be a few bed tie downs, but not the accessory rail or many of the advertised tie downs on the XLT

#13 · (Edited)
what about just screwing eye bolts into the threaded holes? anyone know the thread size?

UPDATE
nevermind (they are tiny 6mm) i found the ford video with a well done DIY presentation for an eyebolt system. (thats where i got the screw size)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.