Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide what to order. I am pretty set on the XLT with the hybrid.

My options are:

Option 1
XLT hybrid FWD no luxury package
Copilot 360
Spray in liner
Trailer hitch
All I really want for $24,910 MSRP

Option 2
XLT hybrid FWD with luxury package
Copilot 360
Same as above with some other for $26,660 MSRP

$1,750 difference. I am trying to quantify and assign the value to the differential.
  • The bed liner and hitch are included in both.
  • 8 way power driver and 6 way manual passenger seat. What do you get for manual seats without the luxury package? I don't care if they are manual or power but how adjustable are they? I am in for more adjustment, but the power I am indifferent on. $500?
  • 400W inverter seems like it would only be useful to charge something which I would probably not ever do. Basically, I doubt I would use the outlets ever. $150
  • Bed tie down rails. This is negative value to me. It is basically a 4ft square bed. These seem pointless. $0
  • Heated mirror with skull caps. I don't even know what that means? Seriously, I don't. 0?
  • Heated seats. I wouldn't use that. $0?
  • Heated wiper park. Again seems useless to me. $0?
  • Key FOB with remote start. What does "remote start" on a hybrid actually do? The engine doesn't even start until you start driving does it? $300?
  • Leather wrapped and heated wheel. Again won't use it. $0?
  • LED box lighting (goes back to the 4ft bed that isn't much area to light.) $0?

Basically the only things I see positive value in is the power seats and the remote start but maybe I am wrong? The money isn't really an issue I just don't want to get "heated wiper park" and then find out it messes up and kills the battery or something like that. On the other hand, I will readily admit I can be wrong about things and some of the other stuff is useful. Since I will only order 1, I want to get it right.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sounds like you’re set on option 1. Go for it.

I got the luxury package. My wife loves heated seats. I like having the inverter as another power option. The bed time down rails just give me more options for lugging awkward stuff like furniture.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Copilot 360 includes power mirrors.
A cold hybrid engine will need to start for the truck to move. An engine already warmed prior or that had just been ran might not need to start the ICE (internal combustion engine) and instead just use the hybrid battery for a bit.
Skull cap, I believe is just the outside molded plastic around the mirror housing.
Key FOB allows you to press it to start the engine when you are, say, in your house. Though the Ford Connect (think it is called) is a free service (uses maybe att wireless) to send command to start the truck. If in a forest away from cell service don't think it would work.
For me...though if I got one maybe just the XL trim...power driver seat is wonderful on a 8 hour plus trip. Like to move it a bit here and there for my lower back.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Counterpoint: Climate change means you may find yourself needing heated things that you didn't before. You might also relocate. Heated mirrors mean less scraping ice, heated seats are nice even in the desert during the winter, heated wiper park feels a bit gimmicky but might help in winter as well if you live somewhere (or go somewhere) wet. Remote start allows you to set climate controls so the cab is nice and toasty or cool depending on the season.

I would hope that you do, in fact, use a steering wheel, and why should your hands be cold or uncomfortable when you grip it? My wife accuses me of having ice for hands, and the baby cries when they're too cold. Why not have a comfort feature there?

The box lighting they're referring to is the one that comes with the inverter on the left side. It's not all that bright or all that high up in the bed (making it questionable what exactly we're trying to illuminate here) but I'll reserve judgement on it until later. Power inverters are handy though, 400w can run a small freezer or fridge, or a few other appliances if you went glamping and wanted a fancy appliance out in the woods. More tie-downs are always helpful, and I believe this refers to the adjustable tie-down rail on the top, so it's moveable within the bed fairly easily to secure different kinds of cargo.

Power seats, combined with the MyKey, allow two drivers to share the vehicle and custom settings for seats, mirrors, and the steering wheel (maybe even climate controls?), so when your keyfob starts remote start, the truck turns on, stuff moves into your driving position, and it starts cooling off or warming up. That's worth it to me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I never had remote start for a car. Having it in the Mav to heat or cool the interior before I get in will be terrific. Right now I have to get in the car and pre-cool it to make sure it isn't too hot for my 6 month old. It's too dang hot here in SoCal.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I never had remote start for a car. Having it in the Mav to heat or cool the interior before I get in will be terrific. Right now I have to get in the car and pre-cool it to make sure it isn't too hot for my 6 month old. It's too dang hot here in SoCal.
yeah i'm coming from a Focus SE Ecoboost, I have absolutely no luxury features on that car at all. You even have to shift your own gears to make it move forward!

i'm gonna miss that third pedal, though.

·
Registered
38 Posts

My options are:

Option 1
Copilot 360
Spray in liner
Trailer hitch

Option 2
Copilot 360

$1,750 difference. I am trying to quantify and assign the value to the differential.
  • 8 way power driver and 6 way manual passenger seat. What do you get for manual seats without the luxury package? I don't care if they are manual or power but how adjustable are they? I am in for more adjustment, but the power I am indifferent on. $500?
  • 400W inverter seems like it would only be useful to charge something which I would probably not ever do. Basically, I doubt I would use the outlets ever. $150
  • Bed tie down rails. This is negative value to me. It is basically a 4ft square bed. These seem pointless. $0
  • Heated mirror with skull caps. I don't even know what that means? Seriously, I don't. 0?
  • Key FOB with remote start. What does "remote start" on a hybrid actually do? The engine doesn't even start until you start driving does it? $300?
  • LED box lighting (goes back to the 4ft bed that isn't much area to light.) $0?

Basically the only things I see positive value in is the power seats and the remote start but maybe I am wrong? The money isn't really an issue I just don't want to get "heated wiper park" and then find out it messes up and kills the battery or something like that. On the other hand, I will readily admit I can be wrong about things and some of the other stuff is useful. Since I will only order 1, I want to get it right.

Any thoughts?
My 2 cents. I have a 2020 Escape Hybrid. I use the remote start to get the A/C or the Heat going prior to me getting to the car. This allows me to get better MPG down the road as systems are already running. Also....heated seats and heated steering wheel use LESS power than the heater will. If its chilly outside, you can run the heated seats and wheel, and not have the engine kick in as much. If you run the heater, the engine will need to kick on to warm up so you get warm /hot air coming through the vents. The engine will cycle on and off as needed to keep up with your temperature setting. With the heated seats and steering wheel on, you can lower the temp. for the HVAC and the engine stays off longer.

·
Registered
1 Posts

My options are:

Option 1
Copilot 360
Spray in liner
Trailer hitch

Option 2
Copilot 360

Any thoughts?
I ordered the XLT with almost option and I am still around $29000 that includes the Luxury package, 360* and the other safety package, and including the roll up bed cover and locking tail gate and I got a few things more I could never a brand new pickup truck because of the prices but Ford has made it possible and the prices are great BBB for what you get. Thank you Ford for looking out for the little guys!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good points. I may end up getting the luxury package and just seeing if I like it or not. I have never owned a vehicle with remote start. Pushing a button on the FOB while walking to the truck wouldn't bother me. I am not going to dig out my phone and open an app to start the truck though.

Maybe I will use the outlet to charge cordless tool batteries. I generally have at least a cordless impact in my truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts

My options are:

Option 1
Copilot 360
Spray in liner
Trailer hitch

Option 2
Copilot 360

Any thoughts?
If you live in New England, all those heated options will make a lot of sence.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The skull caps and leather wrapped wheel are appearance features. The skull caps are the side mirrors painted the same color as the truck. The gray plastic mirrors do match the bumpers and door handles though. The leather wrapped wheel looks nicer than the plastic one in my opinion. The remote start is nice to cool down the car before getting in hot places, or heat it up in the winter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you live in New England, all those heated options will make a lot of sense.
My home is in FL so not needed there. I currently live in Germany though so I imagine they would be of some use. Heck it was 48F a couple of mornings ago...In the middle of August!

The skull caps and leather wrapped wheel are appearance features. The skull caps are the side mirrors painted the same color as the truck. The gray plastic mirrors do match the bumpers and door handles though. The leather wrapped wheel looks nicer than the plastic one in my opinion. The remote start is nice to cool down the car before getting in hot places, or heat it up in the winter.
Got it. Thanks for the explanation!

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
310 Posts
I cannot remmeber where I read it, but, the article said the Maverick XLT with Lux package would be the best for resale value. I opted for the Lariat with out the Lariat lux pakage. Happy travels!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I ordered today. I went ahead and go the XLT hybrid with the luxury package. I mostly got the luxury package so my friends wouldn't make fun of me for having a 2022 vehicle without a power seat :)
treating yourself to a little bit of luxury requires no justification to me. If you're paying for something for a number of years, you might as well get something with some panache.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Counterpoint: Climate change means you may find yourself needing heated things that you didn't before. You might also relocate. Heated mirrors mean less scraping ice, heated seats are nice even in the desert during the winter, heated wiper park feels a bit gimmicky but might help in winter as well if you live somewhere (or go somewhere) wet. Remote start allows you to set climate controls so the cab is nice and toasty or cool depending on the season.

I would hope that you do, in fact, use a steering wheel, and why should your hands be cold or uncomfortable when you grip it? My wife accuses me of having ice for hands, and the baby cries when they're too cold. Why not have a comfort feature there?

The box lighting they're referring to is the one that comes with the inverter on the left side. It's not all that bright or all that high up in the bed (making it questionable what exactly we're trying to illuminate here) but I'll reserve judgement on it until later. Power inverters are handy though, 400w can run a small freezer or fridge, or a few other appliances if you went glamping and wanted a fancy appliance out in the woods. More tie-downs are always helpful, and I believe this refers to the adjustable tie-down rail on the top, so it's moveable within the bed fairly easily to secure different kinds of cargo.

Power seats, combined with the MyKey, allow two drivers to share the vehicle and custom settings for seats, mirrors, and the steering wheel (maybe even climate controls?), so when your keyfob starts remote start, the truck turns on, stuff moves into your driving position, and it starts cooling off or warming up. That's worth it to me.
Not to mention resale value !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, y'all, newby but ordered a hybrid XLT w/luxury package two weeks ago because I'm tearing the heart out of my PriusV towing our micro camper. Looks like the standard hybrid will make the job much easier and safer (I'm the old fart in the right lane doing 55 to 60 mph now) The V has been getting 23 to 28 mpg towing, 44 mpg average ish.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi, y'all, newby but ordered a hybrid XLT w/luxury package two weeks ago because I'm tearing the heart out of my PriusV towing our micro camper. Looks like the standard hybrid will make the job much easier and safer (I'm the old fart in the right lane doing 55 to 60 mph now) The V has been getting 23 to 28 mpg towing, 44 mpg average ish.
Nice. Welcome to the club! Just curious. What kind of camper are you towing?

·
Registered
22 Posts

"Climate change means you may find yourself needing heated things that you didn't before. "
1. I thought the earth was getting warmer?
2. Global Warming is defined as temperature rise by 0.18 degrees Celsius, or 0.32 degrees Fahrenheit, per decade
I'm not sure if that rate of change should influence an automobile purchase.
I live in south Texas. I may get the luxury package but not for the heated options. One of the things I like is my wife's truck's cooled seats.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts